Are you the next Cronulla Sharks Mermaid?.
Regarded as one of the best in the league, the Cronulla Sharks are on the search to bring on board the next group of highly trained professional dancers to amplify our 2017 game day entertainment and reigning premiership. Our game day squad consists of a highly trained group of dancers, performing fresh new routines and sidelines at each home game, wowing the fans with high energy performances, love for the sport and the Cronulla Sharks.
Audition date: Sunday November 27th – 11am registration
Call back date for successful candidates: Sunday December 4th
Please bring on the day: Printed head shot, and registration form.
What to wear: Two piece only. Shorts and crop top. Sneakers are recommended
Fishnets – toast colour, not essential.
Hair: Blow dry, out and styled nicely with GHD curls
Make up: Game day make up with lashes
Tan: A tan is essential for the audition
Run by Jacqueline-Lee Elliott Director & Choreographer of JLD.ENTERTAINMENT who manages and choreographs the Cronulla Sharks Mermaids will discuss auditions, what is expected from applicants on audition day, hair, make up and choreography what will be shown to all dancers auditioning.
Jacqueline’s style for game day is a mix of pom, commercial jazz and hip hop, fast, explosive and is always creating new and up to date choreography with what is happening now and in the dance industry today.
• Our audition will begin with a warm up, exercises, technique and combinations across the floor
• Choreography to be taught, followed by a freestyle section
• Short break for water and snack
• Choreography and performance in small groups of 5
• Interviews for successful applicants
• Call backs to be announced at the end of audition
• We suggest you attend our pre audition prep class on Tuesday November 22nd so that you can familiarise yourself with our choreographers style and teaching techniques. This will help you to feel more comfortable on audition day
• Choose an outfit that stands out, compliments your figure and is easy to dance in.
• Bring water, sweat towel, snacks and make up with you on the day to touch up and refuel in breaks. This will be a long audition for some.
• Be yourself, smile and ask questions on the day if you need too.
Pre season rehearsals begin in January 2017 and continue through until our first trial home game. Rehearsals are held on a Tuesday night at 6.30pm and run for up to 3 hours at a time.
Please have all registrations in by Friday November 21st. We look forward to seeing you there.