Cronulla Sharks Mermaids – Auditions
Regarded as one of the best cheer squads in the league, the Cronulla Sharks are on the search to bring on board the next group of highly trained professional dancers to amplify 2018 game day entertainment. The Cronulla Sharks Mermaids consists of a highly trained group of dancers, performing fresh new routines and sidelines at each home game, wowing the fans with high energy performances, love for the sport and the Cronulla Sharks.
18 years +
Available to commence pre season training mid January 2018 and available for the NRL season March – October.
Great personalities, work ethic, reliable and eager to work along some great women involved within the cheer squad, club, the NRL and events under the guidance of JLD.Entertainment.
Send submissions including CV & head shot to JElliott@sharks.com.au
Audition date: Saturday, December 9th – 9.30am registration
Call back date for successful candidates: Sunday December 17th
Venue: Sharkies Summertime bar – Sharks Leagues Club
Please bring on the day: Head shot, and CV
What to wear: Two piece only. Shorts and crop top. Sneakers are recommended
Fishnets – toast colour, not essential. An outfit that stands out and compliments your physique.
Hair: Blow dry, out and styled nicely with GHD curls
Make up: Game day make up with lashes
Tan: A tan is essential for the audition
· Our audition will begin with a warm up, exercises, technique and combinations across the floor
· Choreography to be taught, followed by a freestyle section
· Short break for water and snack
· Choreography and performance in small groups of 5
· Interviews for successful applicants
· Call backs may be announced at the end of audition
· Choose an outfit that stands out, compliments your figure and is easy to dance in.
· Bring water, sweat towel, snacks and make up with you on the day to touch up and refuel in breaks. This will be a long audition for some.
· Be yourself, smile and ask questions on the day if you need too.
Pre season rehearsals begin in mid January 2017 and continue through until the first trial home game. Rehearsals are held on a Tuesday night at 7.00pm and run for up to 3 hours at a time.